venerdì 25 aprile 2014

I go for you (poem)




 
 
 
 
 
 
I go for you.

I think of you.

No matter if you are near or far.

You are in my breath.
You are over the clouds of my thoughts.
You are inside of my smiles.

Because 
I am and I will be 
always in love 
with all the world.




comment

This poem is a beautiful, expansive declaration of universal love that seamlessly blends personal devotion with a broader spiritual connection to existence.

Key Themes & Meaning

1. Presence Beyond Distance (Lines 1–3)
The poem opens with an immediate statement of dedication. "I go for you" serves as a pledge of devotion or choosing someone wholeheartedly, which is instantly reinforced by "I think of you." The second line establishes that physical distance is irrelevant—the connection operates on a spiritual, timeless plane that geographic separation cannot weaken.

2. Intimacy woven into the Elements (Lines 4–6)
Lines 4 through 6 use vivid, atmospheric imagery to show how completely the beloved is integrated into the speaker's internal world:

  • "You are in my breath": Connects the person to the very force that sustains life.

  • "You are over the clouds of my thoughts": Suggests that even above the noise or obscurity of daily thinking, the person remains a constant, overarching presence.

  • "You are inside of my smiles": Shows that the beloved is the hidden source of the speaker's joy.

3. The Unexpected Twist: Universal Love (Lines 7–10)
The final stanza delivers a profound philosophical shift. What initially reads like a traditional love poem dedicated to a single person opens up into a pantheistic, cosmic devotion. The speaker is in love not just with "you," but "with all the world." This reveals that the specific love felt for one person is actually a gateway to feeling a deep, unconditional affection for all of creation.

Style & Tone

  • Simple and Direct Language: The poem achieves its resonance through unpretentious, clear phrasing. There are no overly complex metaphors—just direct, heartfelt statements.

  • Short, Rhythmic Verses: The brief lines create a gentle, meditative cadence, slowing the reader down to absorb the emotion in each declaration.

  • Warm and Uplifting Energy: The progression from personal affection to cosmic appreciation leaves a light, joyful, and serene impression.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Esprimi il tuo pensiero

Se ti è Piaciuto l'articolo, scrivimi. Ti risponderò.

Nome

Email *

Messaggio *